Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations
Notice: Announcement of successful applicants for the 2019-21 call for proposals.
Thank you for your interest in the Contribution Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations. The awarded project amounts for 2019-21 are now available.
The Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations (the Program) supports such groups to produce sound, independent research to help strengthen the consumer's role in the marketplace. It also encourages the financial self-sufficiency of consumer and voluntary organizations.
Organizations must be incorporated as non-profit corporations in Canada. They must also show that they:
- have a governance structure which assures accountability to a membership representing the consumer interest
- have structure, governance and funding arrangements that do not expose them to commercial influence on their research and policy positions
- can reach consumers who are not members of the organization
- are competent, credible and accountable to carry out the projects
- uphold objectives which are consistent with program objectives
For detailed information on the Program's application process and assessment criteria for the 2019-21 period, please consult the Applicant's Guide.
Recent awarded amounts and funded projects
Visit the Consumer Policy Research Database to view past research projects funded by the Program.
These service standards were updated in October 2017.
- Date modified: