Provincial / Territorial Awards
- APEGGA Teacher Awards Program
- Capital Educators' Awards - Ottawa Network for Education
- Excellence in Teaching Awards - Alberta
- Teaching Excellence Award (Prix d'excellence dans l'enseignement) New Brunswick Francophone Sector
- Yukon Award for Excellence in Education
APEGGA Teacher Awards Program
- Administered by: The Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta
- Recognizes: elementary, junior and senior high school teachers who are making a positive contribution to the teaching of Math and Science.
- The Award: 14 APEGGA Math and Science Teaching Awards given annually with a cash prize of $1000 for use in the recipient's school for Math and Science materials or for professional development.
- Nomination Deadline: March 31
- APEGGA Education Scholarships: Six two-year scholarships of $2,000 each at Alberta Universities will be awarded to individuals who currently hold a BSc or BEd and wish to obtain an alternate degree in education or science.
Sherrell Steele, Manager of Public Relations
1500 Scotia One
10060 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4A2
Telephone: 780-426-3990 or 1-800-661-7020
Capital Educators' Awards - Ottawa Network for Education
- Administered by: Ottawa Network for Education
- Recognizes: All educators across the entire spectrum from kindergarten to PhD who have classroom teaching responsibilities at one of our ten partner institutions in Ottawa are eligible to be nominated for a Capital Educators' Award.
- The Award: Award recipients are announced at a gala dinner and ceremony each spring called EduGala
- Finalists are selected by the participating institutions. A community panel of judges then selects the award recipients. All finalists are invited to attend EduGala, and the Award recipients are announced that evening. Anyone can submit a nomination.
Director of Programs
Telephone: 613-828-6274 ext. 277
Excellence in Teaching Awards - Alberta
- Presented by Alberta Learning and supported by the Alberta Excellence in Teaching Foundation
- Recognizes outstanding K-12 teachers, honouring creative, innovative and effective teaching; as well recognizes school principals whose outstanding work supports outstanding teaching.
- Local Award: in April, 131 finalists are given a certificate signed by the Minister of Learning.
- Provincial Award: 22 teachers receive Provincial Excellence in Teaching Awards in May
- Cash awards of varying amount to be used in teachers' schools
- Provincial awards presented by the Minister of Learning, Xerox and other Foundation representatives at a gala ceremony in early May
- SMARTer Kids Foundation Innovative Use of Technology Award: given to 1 recipient annually
- APEGGA Excellence in Teaching Mathematics/Science Award: given to 1 recipient annually
- Note: nominations require support of teacher's principal, superintendent, teaching colleague and a member of the public, plus the consent of the nominee; a school principal's nomination requires the support of a superintendent or designee
Alberta Excellence in Teaching Foundation
c/o Currie Communications Ltd.
8223 - 189 A Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5T 4Z7
Telephone: 780-413-9547 or 1-888-414-9547
Teaching Excellence Award (Prix d'excellence dans l'enseignement) New Brunswick Francophone Sector
- Administered by: New Brunswick Department of Education
- Recognizes: innovative educational contributions from teachers
- The Award: 1 recipient per Francophone school district (total 5) receive the award which is a Sculpture "Le Sommet" (the summit of a mountain) as a symbol of excellence, an $800 professional development bursary and a painting by a local artist
- Presentation: awards presented in early November in Fredericton
Liaison and Educational Publications Coordinator
Department of Education
Yukon Award for Excellence in Education
- Administered by: Department of Education, Yukon
- Recognize: outstanding contributions to public school education in the Yukon from individuals who have directly impacted on a school environment; by introducing or developing a new initiative, project or technology; by developing new teaching materials; or by enhancing the educational environment.
- The Award: up to 5 recipients (or group of recipients) receive a limited edition framed serigraph by Ted Harrison entitled "Northern Education".
Contact Information: Ms. Deby Bodman
P.O. Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Website: Excellence in Education Awards
- Date modified: