Provincial / Territorial Awards
- APEGGA Teacher Awards Program
- Capital Educators' Awards - Ottawa Network for Education
- Excellence in Teaching Awards - Alberta
- Premier's Awards for Teaching Excellence - British Columbia
- Premier's Awards for Teaching Excellence- Ontario
- Teaching Excellence Award (Prix d'excellence dans l'enseignement) New Brunswick Francophone Sector
- Yukon Award for Excellence in Education
APEGGA Teacher Awards Program
- Administered by: The Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta
- Recognizes: elementary, junior and senior high school teachers who are making a positive contribution to the teaching of Math and Science.
- The Award: 14 APEGGA Math and Science Teaching Awards given annually with a cash prize of $1000 for use in the recipient's school for Math and Science materials or for professional development.
- Nomination Deadline: March 31
- APEGGA Education Scholarships: Six two-year scholarships of $2,000 each at Alberta Universities will be awarded to individuals who currently hold a BSc or BEd and wish to obtain an alternate degree in education or science.
Sherrell Steele, Manager of Public Relations
1500 Scotia One
10060 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4A2
Telephone: 780-426-3990 or 1-800-661-7020
Capital Educators' Awards - Ottawa Network for Education
- Administered by: Ottawa Network for Education
- Recognizes: All educators across the entire spectrum from kindergarten to PhD who have classroom teaching responsibilities at one of our ten partner institutions in Ottawa are eligible to be nominated for a Capital Educators' Award.
- The Award: Award recipients are announced at a gala dinner and ceremony each spring called EduGala
- Finalists are selected by the participating institutions. A community panel of judges then selects the award recipients. All finalists are invited to attend EduGala, and the Award recipients are announced that evening. Anyone can submit a nomination.
Director of Programs
Telephone: 613-828-6274 ext. 277
Excellence in Teaching Awards - Alberta
- Presented by Alberta Learning and supported by the Alberta Excellence in Teaching Foundation
- Recognizes outstanding K-12 teachers, honouring creative, innovative and effective teaching; as well recognizes school principals whose outstanding work supports outstanding teaching.
- Local Award: in April, 131 finalists are given a certificate signed by the Minister of Learning.
- Provincial Award: 22 teachers receive Provincial Excellence in Teaching Awards in May
- Cash awards of varying amount to be used in teachers' schools
- Provincial awards presented by the Minister of Learning, Xerox and other Foundation representatives at a gala ceremony in early May
- SMARTer Kids Foundation Innovative Use of Technology Award: given to 1 recipient annually
- APEGGA Excellence in Teaching Mathematics/Science Award: given to 1 recipient annually
- Note: nominations require support of teacher's principal, superintendent, teaching colleague and a member of the public, plus the consent of the nominee; a school principal's nomination requires the support of a superintendent or designee
Alberta Excellence in Teaching Foundation
c/o Currie Communications Ltd.
8223 - 189 A Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5T 4Z7
Telephone: 780-413-9547 or 1-888-414-9547
Premier's Awards for Teaching Excellence - British Columbia
The Premier's Awards for Teaching Excellence recognize outstanding B.C. educators who make exceptional contributions to improve student achievement and benefit their schools. Presented annually to teachers working within the public, independent or band school system, these awards provide students, parents, members of the community and other educators as well with an opportunity to celebrate those teachers who make a difference in B.C. schools.
Excellence in Teaching Award
c/o Ministry of Education
P.O. Box 9161 STN PROV GOVT
620 Superior Street, 5th Floor
Victoria, British Columbia V8W 9H3
Premier's Awards for Teaching Excellence - Ontario
Each school day, parents hand over their most precious gift—their children—to teachers. With this gesture of trust comes the deeply challenging task of guiding our youth to becoming effective, empowered, creative adults. The Premier's Awards for Teaching Excellence recognize educators and staff who excel at unlocking the potential of Ontario's young people. This is your opportunity to give these remarkable professionals the recognition they deserve.
Ministry of Education
Public Inquiries Unit
2nd Floor, 880 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario M7A 1N3
Toll-free in Ontario: 1-800-387-5514
Toronto and from outside Ontario: 416-325-2929
Teaching Excellence Award (Prix d'excellence dans l'enseignement) New Brunswick Francophone Sector
- Administered by: New Brunswick Department of Education
- Recognizes: innovative educational contributions from teachers
- The Award: 1 recipient per Francophone school district (total 5) receive the award which is a Sculpture "Le Sommet" (the summit of a mountain) as a symbol of excellence, an $800 professional development bursary and a painting by a local artist
- Presentation: awards presented in early November in Fredericton
Liaison and Educational Publications Coordinator
Department of Education
Yukon Award for Excellence in Education
- Administered by: Department of Education, Yukon
- Recognize: outstanding contributions to public school education in the Yukon from individuals who have directly impacted on a school environment; by introducing or developing a new initiative, project or technology; by developing new teaching materials; or by enhancing the educational environment.
- The Award: up to 5 recipients (or group of recipients) receive a limited edition framed serigraph by Ted Harrison entitled "Northern Education".
Contact Information: Ms. Deby Bodman
P.O. Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Website: Excellence in Education Awards
- Date modified: