Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Year: 2000 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: Collège Saint-Maurice
630, Girouard ouest
Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 2Y3
Principal: Serge Courtemanche
School Telephone: 450-773-7478
School Fax: 450-773-1413
School Website: www.csm.qc.ca
Grades/Subjects Taught: Art
- Encourage and insist on mutual respect at all times. In particular, teach students to make positive comments and constructive criticisms when responding to the work of others.
- Help students learn how to present their work to the public.
- Help students to become independent by encouraging them to accept additional responsibilities and to work in teams.
Created an art program that motivates students using a wide variety of techniques. For example,
Mrs. Brodeur challenges students with new and interesting projects, builds weekly themes into the school year, has set up permanent galleries within the school for students to display their work, and organizes a large exhibition of student work for the end of every year.
And her students have responded:
- her courses attract so many students that special lunchtime classes had to be added to the schedule
- nearly 40 per cent of students choose art in their final year despite having nine other options
- students are regular finalists in the Caisse Populaire Christmas card design contest, which the organization uses to select its corporate Christmas card
- graduates regularly return as volunteers to help teach new students.
"We felt important and interesting, and therefore we were interested." Former student
"Céline is driven by a passion for teaching and for her subject, as well as by exceptional enthusiasm. For all of us, her classes were among the most popular each week." Former student
- Date modified: