Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2006 – Province: Saskatchewan
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
School: Viscount Central School
PO Box 280
Principal: Louanne Stenson
School Telephone: 306-944-2027
School Fax: 306-944-2177
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grade 3-4, All subjects except Social Studies, French and Physical Education
- Teaches each student to enjoy individual success in a cooperative and positive manner.
- Uses field trips and excursions in a thematic way to tie together complex, cross-curricular lessons.
- Promotes student interaction in all subjects through peer groupings, group assignments.
- Fosters an environment in her classroom that gives students the opportunity to brainstorm their ideas, research and create solutions in a positive environment.
- Personalized teaching methods for individual student need.
- Mrs. Polischuk created a special club called "The Great Grandma's Club." This club involves seniors in the local community who interact with her class through reading, writing letters, visiting, storytelling and respect. This project was awarded one of the Top 10 Class Project Awards in Saskatchewan, sponsored by the Saskatoon Star Phoenix and Kiwanis Club.
- Mrs. Polischuk created an interactive international program by encouraging people traveling around the world to correspond via the internet with her class. Using email, students would receive instant responses to their questions about a particular part of the world and see live photos. She has integrated this type of communication into her English Language Arts curriculum for the year.
- Mrs. Polischuk was the Chair for the Professional Development Committee for Saskatchewan Learning and has planned and organized Arts Education sessions for other teachers and facilitators. She was one of the founding members of the Kindergarten to Grade 5 curriculum for Drama.
"Mrs. Polischuk's dedication to education is easily noticed by all; students, teachers, parents and community. She has dedicated her life to the education of her students and takes pride in every one of their accomplishments. She is a knowledgeable and skilled individual with a gift for inspiring her students to learn and achieve. Mrs. Polischuk is a role model to all teachers." - Principal, Viscount Central School
"Loretta is an extremely caring and compassionate teacher, truly dedicated to her profession. She has used her extraordinary ability to relate to people of all ages in her profession. Her love of learning and passion for teaching has indeed made an indelible impression on the lives of so many people around her, and especially in the rural communities of Meacham and Viscount." - Fellow Teacher
"Personally dedicated is the phrase that best describes Loretta's attitude toward her profession. She is truly a great and gifted teacher. I have witnessed the difference she has made in many lives." - Parent