Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2008 – Province: Alberta
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
School: Highwood High School
PO Bag 14
High River Alberta
Principal: Stacey Meyer
School Telephone: 403-652-5500
School Fax: 403-652-1397
School Email: email@example.com
Subjects and Grades Taught: Social studies and tourism in Grades 9 to 12
- Embrace technological innovations in the classroom and use computers, Internet, video and audio to diversify instruction in the classroom.
- Relate the past to the present and meet curricular requirements by incorporating current and historic local, national and global events.
- The evolution of the Alberta social studies curriculum has led him to make increasing use of inquiry-based models of instruction, which he has further enhanced, by use of online resources. Students can suggest websites and collectively participate in research by using the SmartBoard he has installed in his classroom.
- Mr. Hall's students typically score equal or above average in provincial exams. Most recently, one of his Social Studies 33 classes scored 10 percent above the provincial average.
- Nominated for the Alberta Edwin Parr Award and has been twice nominated for a Student's Choice award as well the Alberta Excellence in Teaching Award.
"I entered Social 10 with a horrible attitude towards it, feeling like it would be my worst subject. I left the class with a 90 percent average and a renewed outlook on the subject of social studies that was more valuable than any mark could ever be." Former student
"His door is always open and he is willing to go above and beyond for anything that a kid needs. Even on the volleyball court he is able to show the leadership and responsibility that he carries into the classroom." Student
- Date modified: