Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Year: 2008 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
School: Centre de formation professionnelle Maurice-Barbeau
920, rue Noël-Carter, PO Box 9214
- Provides training that is completely individualized for each student entrepreneur, whether it be classroom schedule, work hours or the participants' personal or professional objectives.
- Provides very powerful electronic tools, including an Internet portal specially designed for the students, and a high-tech multimedia centre.
- Exposes student entrepreneurs to the realities of the marketplace, by encouraging partnerships with economic development agencies and business networks.
- Created the first Internet portal of its kind for occupational and technical training in Quebec. This single electronic window offers training tools and documentation, email, a video library, an agenda, a time planning tool and access to databases. Over 56,000 student entrepreneurs accessed the site in 2006-2007.
- Helped to found the centre's boutique and jewellery story, a business that is managed by student entrepreneurs in all aspects, and continues to actively support it.
- Because of this innovative program, graduation rates have been rising since 2001 and the dropout rate has fallen by 10 percent. It is estimated that about 40 microbusinesses have been started each year with the support of the program.
"Mr. Roy] also has the self-confidence, the know-how and the ability to inspire confidence in would-be entrepreneurs. He has developed a network of contacts that is indispensable for developing and implementing business plans." Former Students
"I can tell you that [Mr. Roy] is an example of dedication and leadership in his training program." Official
- Date modified: