Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Year: 2009 – Province: Québec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
650, avenue du Bourg-Royal
Québec City, Québec G2L 1M8
Grades and subject: Secondary 3, math, science and technology
Whether she's teaching science, technology or math, Élisabeth Veilleux is always in her element. Her students know this and are always eager to follow her on the trails of Expo-Sciences, Quebec's top science competition. She helps them organize their own science exhibit and also prepares teams representing the school at the national level. Anyone who doubts how masterfully she runs this project need only count the number of championships the school has won.
- Using an approach that centers on team work, the love of learning and self-actualization, gives her students the intellectual and social skills they will need for life.
- Is eager to take on any personal or professional activity that will enrich her academic repertoire, no matter how much time or effort she must put in.
- Élisabeth has many achievements under her belt but is best known for her enthusiastic and efficient work on Expo-sciences, Québec's top science competition. In addition to supervising her students' local science exhibits, she prepares the school team in the regional competition. It's no coincidence that, more often than not, they return home regional champs.
- Élisabeth doesn't rest on her laurels. To enrich the lives and education of her students, she also puts a website up for each subject she teaches which gives her students access to homework, links to information sources, help and answer sheets, and much more.
- Élisabeth knows how to use technology in the classroom: she makes a website available to parents on their kids' school activities; gives her colleagues useful technological tools; puts her know-how to work for many organizations such as the Organisation du Baccalauréat International and the Association québécoise des utilisateurs de l'ordinateur au primaire-secondaire; and works with university researchers on math promotion projects.
"Élisabeth is a dedicated teacher who cares about her students' success and who spares no effort to support them. The leadership she has shown in supervising […] students who enter Expo-sciences is a prime example of her outstanding work."– Colleague
"I sincerely challenge anyone to find a person with more talent, determination or dedication to her students than Élisabeth Veilleux." – School Principal
- Date modified: